IPO stands for Initial Public Offering. Basically, when the company issues the share for the first time in the market. After the allotment to the shareholders, the shares of the company are listed on the stock exchange. To be precise, it got listed in NEPSE (Nepal Stock Exchange).
After it got listed on NEPSE, shareholders can openly trade their shares in the secondary market. As of now, 27 companies are about to issue an Initial Public Offering (IPO). One of them has already got permission and is about the issue it to the general public.
However, others have submitted the application for issuing Initial Public Offering. Here is the list of some of the Upcoming IPO In Nepal 2022 among which 13 are from the hydropower sector, 4 from microfinance, two from Life Insurance, two from the Hotel & Tourism sector, and the remaining from other sectors.
List Of Upcoming IPO In Nepal 2022
|1||Swetganga Hydropower and Construction Ltd||Hydropower||39,82,500||398,250,000||Sanima Capital Ltd.|
|2||Makar Jitumaya Suri Hydropower Company Limited (MAKAR)||Hydropower||2,280,000||228,000,000||Prabhu Capital Ltd.|
|3||Maya Khola Hydropower Company Limited (MKHCL)||Hydropower||3,400,000||340,000,000||Prabhu Capital Ltd.|
|4||Molung Hydropower Company Limited (MHCL)||Hydropower||3,531,000||3,531,000||Sunrise Capital Ltd.|
|5||Three Star Hydropower Limited (THSL)||Hydropower||1,231,250||1,231,25000||Himalayan Capital Ltd.|
|6||Mandakini Hydropower Company Limited (MAHCL)||Hydropower||1,764,110||1,764,11,000||BOK Capital Market Ltd.|
|7||Eastern Hydropower Limited (EHL)||Hydropower||1,240,000||1,240,00,000||NMB Capital Ltd.|
|8||Sikles Hydropower Limited (SLHL)||Hydropower||2,000,000||2,000,00,000||BOK Capital Market Ltd.|
|9||Super Mai Hydropower Public Limited (SMHL)||Hydropower||1,000,000||100,000,000||Sanima Capital Ltd.|
|10||Asian Hydropower Limited (AHL)||Hydropower||1,180,000||118,000,000||NMB Capital Ltd.|
|11||People’s Power Limited (PEPL)||Hydropower||3,099,740||309,974,000||Prabhu Capital Ltd.|
|12||Sayapatri Hydropower Limited (SPHL)||Hydropower||900,000||90,000,000||NIBL ACE Capital Ltd.|
|13||Bhairabkunda Hydropower Limited (BHAIRAB)||Hydropower||3,183,280||318,328,000||Global IME Capital Ltd.|
|14||Dhaulagiri Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (DLBS)||Microfinance||331,000||33,100,000||Sunrise Capital Ltd.|
|15||Aviyan Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (AVI)||Microfinance||975,000||97,500,000||Muktinath Capital Ltd.|
|16||Khaptad Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (KHLBSL)||Microfinance||132,000||13,200,000||Prabhu Capital Ltd.|
|17||Shrijanshil Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (SHLBSL)||Microfinance||393,750||100||Sunrise Capital Ltd.|
|18||Dish Media Network Limited (DMNL)||Non Category||2,385,929||238,592,900||Global IME Capital Ltd.|
|19||Shuvam Power Limited (SHUVAM)||Non Category||580,580||58,058,000||CBIL Capital Ltd.|
|20||Bhugol Energy Development Company Limited (BEDCL)||Non Category||1,632,160||163,216,000||NIC Asia Capital Limited|
|21||Kalinchowk Darshan Limited (KDL)||Hotel & Tourism||1,200,000||120,000,000||Nabil Investment Banking Ltd.|
|22||City Hotel Limited (CHTL)||Hotel & Tourism||1,674,00||167,400,000||Global IME Capital Ltd.|
|23||Hathway Investment Nepal Limited (HINL)||Investment||2,925,000||146,250,000||Global IME Capital Ltd|
|24||Reliable Nepal Life Insurance Limited (RENLICL)||Life Insurance||6,000,000||1,272,000,000||Civil Capital Market Ltd.|
|25||IME Life Insurance Company Limited (IMELICL)||Life Insurance||6,000,000||600,000,000||Civil Capital Market Ltd.|
|26||CBIL Capital Limited (CBIL)||Merchant Bank||300,000||30,000,000||Nepal SBI Merchant Banking Limited|
|27||Muktinath Krishi Company Limited (MKCL)||Others||400,000||40,000,000||Mega Capital Markets Ltd|
List Of Upcoming IPO In Nepal 2022
- Swetganga Hydropower and Construction Ltd – Swetganga Hydropower and Construction Ltd is a sister organization of Sanima Hydro Group. It is an SPV to develop and implement Tallo Likhu Jalvidhyut Aayojana ( installed capacity of 28.1 MW). The project is a Run-of-River type project which is based at Ramechhap, Bagmati Province, and also in Okhaldhunga District, Providence 1. Moreover, the entire project area lies in Likhu Tamakoshi Rural Municipality of Ramechhap District on the bank (right) of the Likhu River. However, the left end of the diversion Weir touches the left bank of the Likhu River which lies at Likhu Rural Municipality of Okhaldhunga district. Further, the electricity generated from the project will be connected to the national grid through a 23 km long, 132 kV transmission line at the new Khimti substation as mentioned on Swetganga Hydropower official site.
- Makar Jitumaya Suri Hydropower Company Limited (MAKAR) – As per our sources, Makar Jitumaya Suri Hydropower Company Limited is a developer of two-run of river hydropower projects. The cumulative installed capacity is 13.4 Mega Watt in Dolakha District. The first project of the company started in December 2021, which was a 6.4 Mega Watt project named Suri Khole Hydro Power Project.
- Maya Khola Hydropower Company Limited (MKHCL) – Maya Khola Hydropower Company Limited was established in May 2010 and is currently developing Maya Khola Hydroelectricity in Sankhuwasabha, Nepal. Some of the major promoters of the company include Khanikhola Hydropower Company Limited and Pashupati Energy Development Company. Besides that, the estimated i’s cost is around 2.5 Arba in the year 2018 which will be financed through debt and equity in the ratio of 70:30.
- Molung Hydropower Company Limited (MHCL)- As per reports, Molung Hydropower Company Limited, which is located in Okhaldhunga District, has been generating electricity since 12th Chaitra, 2078. Moreover, the company is generating around 35.73 GWh of energy annually.
- Three Star Hydropower Limited (THSL) – Three Star Hydropower Limited is located in Haleshi, Tuwachung Municipality, Khotang. Hydropower was established in the year 2072 BS with a total capacity of 7.151 MW. To date, the company has successfully completed the Kutheli Bukhari Hydro Power Project of 998 KW based on Suspa Chemawatti, Dolakha which has already into operation in since 2072 BS.
- Mandakini Hydropower Company Limited (MAHCL) – Mandakini Hydropower Company Limited was started on 31st Ashadh 2071. The project is a ROR Run Of River type Hydropower project, whose installed capacity is 4 Mega Watt. As of now, the company is operating a Sardi Khola Hydropower Project in Kaski District.
- Eastern Hydropower Limited (EHL) – Eastern Hydropower Limited is currently running a small Hydropower Project at Paluwa at Bhojpur Municipality-6, which is of 5 Mega Watt power. Moreover, the project commercially started producing electricity on 27th Jestha 2076.
- Sikles Hydropower Limited (SLHL) – Currently, Sikles Hydropower Limited is operating a 13 Mega Watt Project in the Madi rural municipality of Kaski District. Moreover, the company submitted the application to SEBON on 29th Karthik 2078 and is waiting for approval.
- Super Mai Hydropower Public Limited (SMHL)– Super Mai Hydropower Public Limited started commercial electricity generation in the year 2018. It is operating a 7.8 Mega Watt Super Mai Hydropower Project in Illam District. The cost of the project is 1.5 Arba and is co-financed by Siddhartha Bank, Century Commercial Bank, Jyoti Bikas Bank, and Sanima Bank.
- Asian Hydropower Limited (AHL) – Asian Hydropower Limited started on 5th May 2016 as a Private Limited Company. However later in July 2019, it was converted into a public limited company. They are now developing Lower Jogmai Hydropower Project in Illam District. It is a ROR project with an installed capacity of 6.2 Mega Watt of energy.
- People’s Power Limited (PEPL) – People’s Power Limited is currently constructing a 4.96 Mega Watt project. It is based on Puwakhola in the Ilam Municipality of Ilam District. As per the report, the company has completed around 80 percent of its work.
- Sayapatri Hydropower Limited (SPHL) – Sayapatri Hydropower Limited was established on July 30, 2007, and operates a 2.5 Mega Watt Daram Khola A hydropower project. The project is based in the Baglung district and is a run-of-river project.
- Bhairabkunda Hydropower Limited (BHAIRAB) – Bhairabkunda Hydropower Limited is ROR based in Larcha, Sindhupalchowk District of Nepal. The project started generating electricity from 2071 BS.
- Dhaulagiri Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (DLBS) – Dhaulagiri Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited is a D-class financial institution that was licensed by NRB. The company started its operation as microfinance in 2075 BS and its head office is located at Baglung.
- Aviyan Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (AVI) – Aviyan Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited is a D class Financial Institution that got licensed by NRB on 2076 BS. Its head office is located in Panauti Municipality Ward No 4 Kavre District. The major promoters of the institution are Kumari Bank Ltd and Megabank Nepal Ltd.
- Khaptad Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (KHLBSL) – Khaptad Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited is a D class microfinance institution licensed by NRB on Falgun 18, 2076 BS. The company started its operation on Shrawan 16th 2077 and its head office is located at Godawari Municipality 1 Kailali.
- Shrijanshil Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited (SHLBSL) – Shrijanshil Laghubitta Bittiya Sanstha Limited is a D class microfinance institution licensed by NRB in 2075 BS. Its head office is located at Choharwa, Siraha. Some of the main promoters of the company include NIC Asia Bank and Shrijana Community Development Center.
- Dish Media Network Limited (DMNL) – Dish Media Network Limited operates DishHome which was formed in the year 2010 and is a DTH service provider in Nepal. Its Earth Station is based at Chyasikot, Bhaisepati. Lalitpur. The main promoter of the company includes Sandmartin International Holding.
- Shuvam Power Limited (SHUVAM)
- Bhugol Energy Development Company Limited (BEDCL) – Bhugol Energy Development Company Limited was established on February 16, 2009, and turned into a public limited company on October 31, 2017. As of now, the company is currently operating a 3.75 Mega Watt Dwari Khola Small Hydropower Project which is based in Dailekh District in Karnali. It is a run of the river project which started its commercial operation on May 6, 2017.
- Kalinchowk Darshan Limited (KDL) – Kalinchowk Darshan Limited is operating a cable car service in Kalinchowk. The company submitted its application to SEBON on Chaitra 15th 2078 BS and is waiting for approval.
- City Hotel Limited (CHTL) – City Hotel Limited started its operation on the 15th of Karthik, 2078 BS. The company is promoted by Golyan Group, Harish Chandra Subedi, and Kamlesh Agrawal.
- Hathway Investment Nepal Limited (HINL) – Hathway Investment Nepal Limited is a private investment company that was founded in 2009. The company submitted its application to SEBON on the 25th of Chaitra, 2078 BS, and is waiting for approval. Moreover, the company has appointed Global IME Capital Ltd as an issue manager.
- Reliable Nepal Life Insurance Limited (RENLICL) – Reliable Nepal Life Insurance Limited got registered un Mangsir 18, 2064 BS. It started operating officially on Bhadra 15, 2074 BS. The promoters of the company hold 70 percent and are floating 30 percent to the general public. Moreover, the chairman of the company is Udaya Nepali Shrestha.
- IME Life Insurance Company Limited (IMELICL) – IME Life Insurance Company Limited started its operation from Bhadra 1, 2074 BS. The company has paid-up capital of 1.4 Billion NPR. Besides that, the company’s reinsurance partner is Nepal Reinsurance Company Ltd.
- CBIL Capital Limited (CBIL) – CBIL Capital Limited submitted its application to SEBON on 15th Bhadra 2078 BS. As per reports, 15 percent of the fund will be purchased by its promoter bank of the mutual fund, Citizens International, and by CBIL Capital Ltd, its fund manager.
- Muktinath Krishi Company Limited (MKCL) – Muktinath Krishi Company Limited was established in the year 2075 BS. It has an authorized capital of Rs 2 Arba and an issued capital of Rs 40 crore. Moreover, the company has appointed Mega Capital Markets Limited as the issue and sale manager.
Hope You have got the overall list of the Upcoming IPO In Nepal 2022. Besides that, you might have learned a bit about all the companies and their history.
[…] Upcoming IPO In Nepal 2022 […]