Credit Card In Nepal: A credit card is a payment card issued to users to enable the cardholder to pay for goods and services based on the cardholder’s accused debt. Basically, there are two types of credit card groups: Consumer credit cards and business credit cards. In the article, we gonna be answering most of the questions related to credit cards clearing doubts of people regarding credit card usage in Nepal.
Are credit cards available in Nepal?
Yes, most commercial banks in Nepal offer credit cards to customers. You can easily apply for a credit card either online or offline (visiting the branch). However, some of the criteria have to be met to get credit cards.
Required Documents For Credit Card Application Processing
- Copy of Citizenship
- Recent PP size Photo of the applicant.
- For salaried applicants, an Annual salary certificate by the concerned employer. Also, three months bank statement of salary account is required.
- Company registration, PAN, tax clearance certificate, and audit reports are for business people.
- Other Income source documents (i.e. pension, Lease agreement, etc).
- Application form
- Timely signed debit authority.
- Besides that, the details of the credit card shall be recorded in the credit file, for existing loan customers.
- If a person is taking a credit card against a lien on Fixed Deposits, Current or Saving accounts, then an income certificate is not required.
Which bank gives credit cards in Nepal?
Lots of bank offers credit cards in Nepal. Some of them are given below:-
- Nepal Bank
- Nic Asia Bank
- Everest Bank Limited
- Standard Chartered Nepal
- Nabil Bank Limited
- Nepal Investment Bank Limited
- Laxmi Bank
- Himalayan Bank
Can I Apply For Credit Card Online in Nepal?
Yes, you can apply for a credit card online in Nepal. Let’s take the example of Nabil Bank. Procedure to apply for an online credit card in Nepal:-
- Visit Nabil Bank Official Portal. You can find Apply Online (Green Button at the top-right side of the site) Option. Click It.
- After that choose the Credit Card Application option.
- Now a new tab opens where you can fill up the necessary information including your personal details and professional details.
- Next Click On the Check Eligibility button at the bottom of the page.
You have completed all the steps to apply for the online credit card. One of the bank representatives will contact you whether you are eligible for a credit card or not.
Credit Card Limit In Nepal
Credit card limit varies from bank to bank in Nepal. Here is an example:
Nepal Bank Limited has a per transaction limit of NPR 1,00,000 in Nepal, Daily Transaction Limit – POS is NPR 2,00,000, and Daily Online Transaction Limit of NPS 2,00,000. Likewise, in Everest bank Maximum per transaction limit is NPR 20,000, daily purchase limit is from POS NPR 100,000 and the monthly cash drawing limit at ATM is NPR 100,000.
Can we withdraw money from a credit card in Nepal?
Yes, you can withdraw cash from your Credit card at any of the ATM terminals in Nepal. Besides that, you can also withdraw/pay via online accounts. However, there is a limit to the amount you can spend via your credit card in a day or month. So make sure to choose the credit card which best suits your business or household expenses.
How can I pay my credit card bill in Nepal?
You can pay your credit card bill by two means in Nepal which are mentioned below:-
- You can simply visit the bank and renew your credit card by paying by cash or cheque.
- Secondly, you can pay through online mediums (i.e. mobile banking, digital wallets, etc ).
The second method may be more convenient than the first one.